During its long and illustrious history, our church has thrived under the leadership of seven dynamic and innovative ministers, including:
• Dr. Charles Newton Jenkins, founder and builder, 1898-1926.
• Reverend Otto E. Saunders, during whose tenure the church was remodeled and new pews and a furnace were installed, 1926-1935.
• Dr. Albert P. Corley, who instituted the printing of a weekly bulletin, brought in the new curriculum of Sunday School literature, and delivered a special sermon to the children every Sunday. Under his administration, the Men’s Council was organized. In 1952, the church was renovated and an education building constructed. On July 31, 1952, five months before the new structure was completed, Dr. Corley died.
• Reverend Samuel J. McLean was installed on February 7, 1954. Under his spiritual guidance, Mr. Evangeline McLean organized the weekly religious classes for the junior age children with Mrs. A. P. Corley as director. Mrs. Corley brought recognition to the church when she organized a small children’s choir that appeared on the WBT-TV program, “Five O’Clock Sharp,” in 1955. Reverend McLean resigned as pastor in December 1963.
• Reverend Earl E. Newberry was installed in August of 1967. Under his dynamic leadership, a tremendous increase in membership was noted, a tutoring program for children was developed, a daycare center was established and a gospel choir was organized under the direction of Mrs. Geraldine Brandon. Reverend Newberry took the initial step and made contact with the Redevelopment Committee concerning Brandon Presbyterian Church and the Greenville Community. Reverend Newberry served until 1975.
• Reverend Thomas A. Jenkins, interim pastor from 1975-1977.
• Reverend George C. Goodman was installed August 1, 1977 and served until June 1990. He was the first full time pastor of C. N. Jenkins Memorial United Presbyterian Church. His inspired leadership was demonstrated through the outpouring of spiritual growth manifested throughout the congregation by a tremendous increase in membership. He initiated the first newsletter, the Acolyte Ministry, and additional projects to help pay off the mortgage on July 17, 1985 – just eight years after the initial payment. A Mortgage Burning Celebration was held a year later on March 2, 1986. During the Anniversary Celebration, a capsule was buried on the Church grounds near the Church bell holding a copy of the burned mortgage, a copy of the final check in the amount of $34,533.54, and artifacts from children and adults of the congregation. The capsule was raised on May 21, 2000.